none
RunSyncronous Command to Run a batch file to create Directories on 2 drive Such as on d md \apps\Video and e md \utils\file\renamers? RRS feed

• Question

• Through my Unattended xml I have created c: d: e: Y:   with the runsyncronous command in the specialize configuration pass, would like to create on Y a Temp directory and d: an apps \ video  and e: \utils\file\renamers  Now in my batch file ( where would I put it on on my existing windows install (clean)  of Windows 10.  ?)   also how would I run the batch file through the runsynchronous  to run the batch file with the md commands to create the directories??  John
    Sunday, April 8, 2018 8:23 AM

All replies

• Use SIM for Windows 10 to create an answer file. I typically run batch files in Pass7 oobe, some others have uses Pass4. Run it something like this:

cmd.exe /c <path to batch file>

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Sunday, April 8, 2018 4:06 PM
  • I am using the SIM  ,  but  I have having trouble with how to use this during the Runsynchronous  command and calling in a batch file through this command.  would I write this in after the answer file is created  ?   cmd /c <path to batch file>  also do I put file in the drive where Windows 10 is installed on if so, where?   According Microsoft docs|Runsynchronous command  I can run the batch file during specialize or audit .    HOw do I use Runsychronous to run the batch file?  John
    Sunday, April 8, 2018 4:34 PM
  • In the distribution share create a folder for c:\setup ($OEM$ Folders\$1\Setup) and put your script there. I just run the script during initial OS install,  In the answer file, insert a Pass 7 synchronous command to call the script.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 12:01 AM