Returning from WebMatrix 2 to WebMatrix 1 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1959664520 posted

I've gave up at least for now of WebMatrix 2.

All my solutions work perfectly in WebMatrix 1, and now all is a true hell in version 2.

Isn't it possible to return to the previous version?

Cheers!

Monday, November 12, 2012 12:23 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi arochanewpt

You could try re-install WebMatrix 1, you could  use the Web Platform Installer to download WebMatrix 1,

the Microsoft Web Platform Installer, a free tool that may be used to install a variety of Microsoft products, including WebMatrix.

Kind regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 19, 2012 1:07 AM

All replies

• User-735851359 posted

Can you give us one example that worked in v1, but did not work in v2?

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 12:57 AM
  • User-1959664520 posted

Hello, friend.

Sure:

http://forums.asp.net/t/1854777.aspx/1?Why+did+I+update+to+Webmatrix+2+CS1513+expected+ERROR

Even taking out the problematic file from the solution, errors continue to show up...

I was told that sintatic rules of coding change from version 1 to 2. It is the same than change the rules of a soccer game in the middle of the second time! That's absurd. But why am I surprised? It is Microsoft...

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:04 AM
  • User895691971 posted

My grand-grandpa used a pen more like a feather pen. I use ball point.

If he comes to me and I provide him with a ballpen and he blames the company for not making the feather pen that were able to din in the ink than write. But this one is not able to dip because it already contains every helper inside it.

Same issue yours bro. Every update has something special in it. Dont stand on the previous ones. You just dont know how to handle this. All you want is to do it in the previous one. Just hang around you will get it.

Dont be in a rush !! However if you want to install that one. Search google for webmatrix v1.0 they will provide you with a link. Because Web Platform Installer will always give you the latest one. But still I will ask you to use the current one.

In this one if you need help. Developers are waiting to help you. Just tell us how to help you.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 1:31 PM
  • User-1959664520 posted

Afzall, its very nice your metaphor of the feather pen and a ball point pen.

But the engineering principles of this artifact seems to be more acurate than MIcrosoft's Webmatrix.

It's a CMMI rule: if they thought the product were not ready to be launched in a first version, they had the obligation of not do it. But if they decide to do it, to correct everything they may think is bad (specially semantic issues) in the second version is just a way to flush down their credibility.

Either with a feather pen or with a ball point pen, anyone still will be able to write. 

I doubt samething occurs with this.

Cheers,

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:14 AM
  • User895691971 posted

Its right. You're right on your place! But as developing is changing. New platforms come into being. To keep pace with that they needed to change some elements. Now they didnt know that there is gonna be need of this. But now there is a need So they did it on purpose. Dont be confused brother just focus.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:58 AM
  • User-1959664520 posted

Dear friend,

Do you know what C.M.M.I. means?

It's one of the state of the art Software Quaility Assurance rule policy that try to bring to Software Engineering a simple thing: commom sense.

Unfortunately, sometimes we do fell a lack of it, even on products of the main companies in the world and even in the IT professionals.

It's just unaceptablle a version to be released and a break up of incompatibilties sucha as we talking happens.

Regards,

Friday, November 16, 2012 11:12 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi arochanewpt

You could try re-install WebMatrix 1, you could  use the Web Platform Installer to download WebMatrix 1,

the Microsoft Web Platform Installer, a free tool that may be used to install a variety of Microsoft products, including WebMatrix.

Kind regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 19, 2012 1:07 AM