none
Can you develop Mobile apps(WP and Android) in Visual Studio 2015 without Hyper-V feature?

Question

• I have Windows 10 Home Single Language OS. As we know that Home edition doesn't have Hyper-v feature so that you have to upgrade it to pro and it cause you to buy new product key for pro. I want to install Visual Studio 2015, and do some mobile apps development in it, can I do it without Hyper-V feature in Visual Studio 2015?
    Sunday, May 29, 2016 1:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Muhammad Fathir Irhas,

You can develop and design them, but you can not test them on emulator... so you will need to have Android physical device to test your Android Apps and one Windows Phone device to test WP apps.

If you have those two devices you can test on them but I strongly recommend you to somehow buy the license to upgrade your OS... if you are a student you can check if your school have DreamSpark subscription that can be helpful for you.

Best luck with learning and developing apps.

Hope this was helpful for you...

Best regards!

(If this was helpful for you, vote for it and propose it as an answer)

Sunday, May 29, 2016 10:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Muhammad Fathir Irhas,

You can develop and design them, but you can not test them on emulator... so you will need to have Android physical device to test your Android Apps and one Windows Phone device to test WP apps.

If you have those two devices you can test on them but I strongly recommend you to somehow buy the license to upgrade your OS... if you are a student you can check if your school have DreamSpark subscription that can be helpful for you.

Best luck with learning and developing apps.

Best regards!

Sunday, May 29, 2016 10:12 PM
  • So, I can develop mobile apps without hyper-v feature, but I only can run it on real mobile devices. Ok then.

I want to ask about Upgrading using Dreamspark. Yes, my university is registered to dreamspark and I got dreamspark subscription for it. I saw there are no Windows 10 Pro edition in the list. I heard about Windows 10 Education edition provide hyper-v, but I'm afraid that this edition only valid as long as you're student, after you left the university your subscription for dreamspark is gone and you cannot used Education Edition anymore, is it true?, or you can use it lifetime?, Thanks.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 10:31 AM
  • Hi Muhammad Fathir Irhas,

Windows 10 Education provides all Windows 10 Enterprise features, designed for use in schools, colleges, and universities. It will be available with Microsoft's Academic Volume Licensing, in a manner similar to Windows 8.1 Enterprise.

As I know about those license things every license has duration that is available at DreamSpark portal when you download it so I recommend you to take a look at that part of download... I guess after your license expired you will not get updates to your OS.

I strongly recommend you to go with Education version and after think about license and other stuff, now just take care about programming.

Best regards!

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 3:10 PM