The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

WP7 Games and Virtual Goods RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello everyone, Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place... I have a question regarding the monetization of apps for WP7. While the app I'm writing is fully functional as it stands, I'd like to implement a virtual goods system similar to the ones found in popular social network games. Does Microsoft allow this in any form within apps or the marketplace? (Example: a second paid app that adds credits to your account, etc.) I know Zynga is bringing Farmville to WP7 and surely they'll be keeping their virtual goods monetization model. I'm just wondering if it will work the same way as IPhone/Droid or if Microsoft is implementing another solution for this. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Josh
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 6:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Psydian,

You raise an interesting question.  Personally at the moment I'm not aware of any new mechanisms being present, but that doesn't say something can't change in the future.  I would suggest that you might want to post this question over in the Marketplace general forum as they might be able to give you a more definitive answer.  Here's a link:
    http://forums.create.msdn.com/forums/94.aspx

Thanks,

~Jonathan Tanner [MSFT]
    Friday, November 12, 2010 12:41 AM