windows 8 develop preview 64 bit prevents me to setup my VGA driver ( microsoft basic display adapter )

Answers

• Hey TravelBird,

You should have a single version of the Intel Express Chipset Family in your computer (G33, G31, G35, etc.). If you are unsure which is specifically in your computer you may want to check with your user manual or your computer manufacturer's website.

If you have an Intel G33 or G31 Express Chipset it makes sense for the G35 update to not install.

Also please provide any error messages you encounter when installing the drivers in your next reply.

Steven
    Saturday, December 03, 2011 12:59 AM

All replies

• TravelBird,

Have you tried installing the problematic drivers in compatibly mode?

You can do this by following the below instructions:

·         Enter the Start screen

·         Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section

·         Select Search

·         Type Compatibility

·         Click Settings in the right column

·         Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

·         Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver.

Please post back with your results.

Thanks,

Chris
    Saturday, November 19, 2011 4:04 PM
  • I did ..

nothing changed ,still same problem ..

by the way thanks Chris   

Sunday, November 20, 2011 12:23 AM
  • Please follow steps on:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/troubleshoot-compatibility-issues-in-windows-8-developer-preview.aspx

If that didn't solve the problem , please post back version of your VGA driver , manufacturer .

Does this work in Windows 7?

Could you post back any error that you are getting?

Sunday, November 20, 2011 8:24 AM
  • Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family ..
    Monday, November 21, 2011 1:13 PM
  • Hey TravelBird,

If you haven't already, try downloading the driver directly from Intel using the link below:
    Intel 3 Series Chipsets

Then use the compatibility information provided above by Chris and Cyber_Defend_Team above to install the driver downloaded from the link above.

Hope that helps.

Steven
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 9:43 PM
  • Hellow Steven!

I have the Same issue, i am trying to install my vga Drivers on Windows 8 Developer Preview, but it says: this Operating System is Not Supported Setup will exit Now.

Driver name is: GFX_XP32_14.36.5.5016_PV_Intel (Intel Graphics Media Accelerator)

Can you hel me installing my VGA Drivers, i can't play any video file, it runs very slow.

*Waiting*

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 11:18 PM
  • XP drivers (XDDM) are no longer supported in Windows 8. You must use the slow Software rendering driver from MS (basic display driver) or buy a newer graphic card with DirectX 10/11.
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Thursday, December 01, 2011 3:53 PM
  • steven ..

windows 8 doesn't accept the last update of my VGA (Intel(R) G35 Express Chipset Family ) ..

but with Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family is ok ...

Thursday, December 01, 2011 8:19 PM
  • Hey TravelBird,

You should have a single version of the Intel Express Chipset Family in your computer (G33, G31, G35, etc.). If you are unsure which is specifically in your computer you may want to check with your user manual or your computer manufacturer's website.

If you have an Intel G33 or G31 Express Chipset it makes sense for the G35 update to not install.

Also please provide any error messages you encounter when installing the drivers in your next reply.

Steven
    Saturday, December 03, 2011 12:59 AM