Small Basic internet uploading functions? RRS feed

• Question

• Does SB has any uploading commands to upload files to a remote server?
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 10:33 PM

Answers

• I think you might be able to map a remote server using FTP or other protocol as a drive letter, then you could save text files to it in SB.

• Marked as answer by Vijaye Raji Thursday, May 27, 2010 5:21 PM
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:43 PM
  • Kroltan,

There are some free ftp site drive letter mapping software out there (Google for some).  I have used gladinet in the past.
    • Edited by litdev Thursday, May 27, 2010 9:23 PM Network Location method suggested doesn't seem to work_
    • Marked as answer by Kroltan Thursday, May 27, 2010 10:31 PM
    Thursday, May 27, 2010 8:32 PM
  • Kroltan,

It's not really an answer, but the Fremy extension to Small Basic has a web browser control in it. Using the HTML file input, it's just about possible but certainly not straighforward, to upload a file from a Small Basic program by using the browser control to go to a webpage that asks for a file.

Might be an interesting project if someone wants to tackle it.

*EDIT* - Duh! The Fremy extension also has an FTP upload function to do what you want to do. 

• Marked as answer by Kroltan Monday, June 7, 2010 4:09 PM
    Saturday, May 29, 2010 5:06 PM

All replies

• No, Kroltan.  We don't have any uploading APIs.
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 11:28 PM
  • I think you might be able to map a remote server using FTP or other protocol as a drive letter, then you could save text files to it in SB.

• Marked as answer by Vijaye Raji Thursday, May 27, 2010 5:21 PM
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:43 PM

how do i do that?
    Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:04 PM
  • Kroltan,

There are some free ftp site drive letter mapping software out there (Google for some).  I have used gladinet in the past.
    • Edited by litdev Thursday, May 27, 2010 9:23 PM Network Location method suggested doesn't seem to work_
    • Marked as answer by Kroltan Thursday, May 27, 2010 10:31 PM
    Thursday, May 27, 2010 8:32 PM
  • Kroltan,

but if i am going to distribute the program i need that users mount the Gladinet too?
    Thursday, May 27, 2010 10:34 PM
  • HEY! IDK if this works, but:

File.InsertLine(http://www.yourserver.com/folder/file.txt, content)

Thursday, May 27, 2010 10:53 PM
  • Kroltan,

It's not really an answer, but the Fremy extension to Small Basic has a web browser control in it. Using the HTML file input, it's just about possible but certainly not straighforward, to upload a file from a Small Basic program by using the browser control to go to a webpage that asks for a file.

Might be an interesting project if someone wants to tackle it.

*EDIT* - Duh! The Fremy extension also has an FTP upload function to do what you want to do. 

• Marked as answer by Kroltan Monday, June 7, 2010 4:09 PM
    Saturday, May 29, 2010 5:06 PM