[UWP] Disable auto-keyboard popup on webview RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

So, I am automating a form using jquery and invokeScriptAsync trough a webview, no big deal there.

The form is about 3 steps/pages, and during one of these, the middle one, there's a class in an input named "inputDefault", this is something the site then (I am guessing) is focusing on trough JavaScript. 

Is there any way to disable the keyboard to pop up? I did try to disable the input and delete this class trough my code, but did not work.

What I am essentially looking for is some kind of isEnabled type of thing for the webview or something!

Thanks!

Vincent

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 10:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Vincent Gio,

>>What I am essentially looking for is some kind of isEnabled type of thing for the webview or something!

You can response to Input Pane Visibility Events. 

Please see: Respond to the presence of the touch keyboard

You can attach event handlers for the showing and hiding events of the touch keyboard. If you want to manually hide the keyboard then you can use the TryHide method of the InputPane.

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh 

Thanks MSDN Community Support Please remember to Mark as Answer the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Proposed as answer by Krunal Parekh Thursday, April 7, 2016 3:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vincent Gio Thursday, April 7, 2016 12:03 PM
    Thursday, April 7, 2016 3:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Vincent Gio,

>>What I am essentially looking for is some kind of isEnabled type of thing for the webview or something!

You can response to Input Pane Visibility Events. 

Please see: Respond to the presence of the touch keyboard

You can attach event handlers for the showing and hiding events of the touch keyboard. If you want to manually hide the keyboard then you can use the TryHide method of the InputPane.

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh 

Thanks MSDN Community Support Please remember to Mark as Answer the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Proposed as answer by Krunal Parekh Thursday, April 7, 2016 3:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vincent Gio Thursday, April 7, 2016 12:03 PM
    Thursday, April 7, 2016 3:00 AM
  • Hi!

So I set up a showing event and the tryhide, which hides the keyboard. BUT it still pops up and then disappears, like a flicker kind of thing.

It is much better than before, and I guess there's some limitation in UWP and how the page was designed. Other than that, thanks for assisting!

Thursday, April 7, 2016 12:03 PM