none
How to add values from dynamically created TextBoxes RRS feed

• Question

• I have a form that allows user to submit amount for a number of items. By default the form has only 2 textboxes, but the users ahev an option to add more textboxes. For all TextBoxes the name starts with "tLossAmount" and then an integer: tLossAmount1 & i where i = 1, 2, ...., n

On the same form there is a total box and a box for difference.

Is there a way to calculate that difference after any of the above boxes has changed. If a user enters 1st amount, the difference box will show how much is left now; after the 2nd amount is entered will show how much is left after that amount.

I completed this task in VBA for Excel by creating a class module that runs the calculation routine every time a box is changed.

But with Visual Studio Express I cannot make it work.

Could you please give me a hint how to complete this task.

Thank you in advance.

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Monday, November 3, 2014 2:06 AM not va general issue
    • Moved by Dave PatrickMVP Saturday, November 8, 2014 9:58 PM
    Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:56 PM

All replies

• Hi NicolaeStanca,

Your issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses the usage issue of Visual Studio IDE such as WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

You can provide us more information suh as your project type and the development language so that we can check whether other forums can support this issue.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:10 AM