how to view custom provider's events(collected without provider registered) by wpa RRS feed

• Question

• I try to use manifested base event to log event for debugging and analyzing.
    But I have a problem: when I record with my provider registered, everything is fine, when open .etl file in WPA, I can view as much info as I can.
    But if I collect events without my provider registered, when I open .etl file in WPA, everything is not human friendly.
    So, must I register my provider before I start collect events? I hope not, because if so, I have to take the risk to leak my .man file, so others may use it to get the detail trace log as well. that's not acceptable!

I don't want my .man file packaged in install file, so I do not need to worry about leak it. and of course I can't register my provider as well.

Is there a way to view the .etl (collect without my provider registed first) as well as possible? 

thanks in advance.

edit : I want to add some image, but I'm not allowed. pitty!

• Edited by DianDianDie Wednesday, March 22, 2017 5:34 AM
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 5:32 AM

Answers

• I found answer here, xperf -merge is the answer! 

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/efadef6c-85cf-4e39-bd7a-2fa9ba7df9b3/to-what-extend-will-custom-events-integrate-in-wpa?forum=wptkv5

>

> Ok we seemed to have figured this out. You have to run "xperf -merge" on the etl file first. The command merges > the manifest information with the etl file.

> For example "xperf -merge session.etl session_merged.etl"

> If you open the merged file in wpa the information expected appears in the Generic Trace

• Marked as answer by DianDianDie Thursday, March 30, 2017 2:16 PM
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 2:16 PM