none
Performace issues in 2008 R2 with web tech RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Experts,

I have sql server 2008 r2 server  with 24 gb RAM and .net 3.5 web applications,I have maximum optimized the DB like table, Query,view , functions ,indexing etc.. but when clients loged into application(web sites our products) from different areas up to 20 users its working fine, after the 21 users getting very slow their pages are timed out or loking.

please give me your valuable suggestions to overcome this issues, where i solve in Dot net side or sql side ? I am getting confused

Thank

saravanan

SQL -DBA

• Moved by Bob Beauchemin Sunday, August 7, 2011 5:36 PM Moved to a more appropriate forum (From:.NET Framework inside SQL Server)
    Saturday, August 6, 2011 5:53 PM

Answers

• If you've checked out your database, it's a client or ASP.NET question. ASP.NET has their own forums (which are disconneted from all others); I'll move this to the .NET client forum, closest I can get. If you think it's the database, Transat-SQL or Database Forum is the plae that you'll get the best response.
    • Marked as answer by Larcolais Gong Wednesday, August 17, 2011 5:44 AM
    Sunday, August 7, 2011 5:35 PM
  • Hello,

Based on your description, I think this question was a little general one. Regarding performance, generally, we should know the configuration of server side.

In addition, if you used Visual Studio 2010 IDE to dev your project, I suggest you can check Visual Studio 2010 Performance tool to get more detailed information about performance. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms182372.aspx

Thanks,

Larcolais Gong[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 6:12 AM
  • Even though database is optimized it does not mean there are no issues on database side. To figure out what is going on and narrow down problem to client or server, I would recommend to run some sort of performance profiler (I personally use ANTS profiler from RedGate for the client and SQL Profiler from SQL Server) and collect statistics during runtime. It would help you to identify areas which run slowly.
    Val Mazur (MVP)

http://www.xporttools.net

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 10:30 AM

All replies

• If you've checked out your database, it's a client or ASP.NET question. ASP.NET has their own forums (which are disconneted from all others); I'll move this to the .NET client forum, closest I can get. If you think it's the database, Transat-SQL or Database Forum is the plae that you'll get the best response.
    Sunday, August 7, 2011 5:35 PM
  • Hello,

Based on your description, I think this question was a little general one. Regarding performance, generally, we should know the configuration of server side.

In addition, if you used Visual Studio 2010 IDE to dev your project, I suggest you can check Visual Studio 2010 Performance tool to get more detailed information about performance. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms182372.aspx

Thanks,

Larcolais Gong[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 6:12 AM
  • Even though database is optimized it does not mean there are no issues on database side. To figure out what is going on and narrow down problem to client or server, I would recommend to run some sort of performance profiler (I personally use ANTS profiler from RedGate for the client and SQL Profiler from SQL Server) and collect statistics during runtime. It would help you to identify areas which run slowly.
    Val Mazur (MVP)

http://www.xporttools.net

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 10:30 AM