About details.aspx of starter kit personel web site RRS feed

• Question

• User1300264885 posted

in details.aspx of starter kit personel web site ,there r some imagebuttons which is used for navigating to go first,next,prev and last record.in aspx page,imagebuttons tag appears like below

<asp:imagebutton id:"ImageButton1" runat="server" CommandName ="Page" commandArgument ="Next" skinid ="Next"/>

the problem is ,i cant understand that how cud this "" CommandName ="Page" commandArgument ="Next"" make the page navigate accordinglly.icant see the onclick procedure of imagebuttons ? is it somthing formview features ?

Plz anybody explain how the page can navigate ?

Thursday, November 29, 2007 4:56 AM

All replies

• User1631759614 posted

I am not an expert on this topic, but yes, those are commands that active features of the formview.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 10:15 PM
  • User1275632693 posted

Hi,

I will have to take a look at the PWS kit as it has been some time since I last looked at the code, can you post the code for the page so we can see what it looks like again?

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 10:43 PM
  • User2069888697 posted

You are correct that it is the Formview. The formview control has paging capability so the arguments by the image buttons are going to the formviews built in paging commands. If you go into design view, right click on formview1 and select EditTemplate|Item Template you can click on each ImageButton and see the properties more clearly in the Properties window.

Thursday, December 6, 2007 6:03 AM