none
Saving data

Question

• In my app I have login info that I want to be able to save. What is the best way to do that?

Alan

Thursday, March 16, 2017 6:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Alan,

I suppose the best way differs according to your intention.
    If you only want to save it without any security, you could save it in a text file.
    If you consider security, i.e. no one can see it, you could make it encrypted and store it in registry where almost no one can guess.

and I'd like to know what is login info. Is it like user-name and password, or login date, etc???

Regards,
    Ashidacchi

• Edited by Ashidacchi Friday, March 17, 2017 4:16 AM
    Friday, March 17, 2017 4:13 AM
  • Hi anaylor01,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

What's the type of your application?

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 17, 2017 7:03 AM
  • The data I want to save is login data for sql server. So servername, authentication type, login and password. So there could be potentially hundreds of servers with login info.

Alan

Friday, March 17, 2017 3:52 PM
  • Hi Alan,

Thank you for reply.

I think about:
      1. security needed: including sensitive data
      2. data volume: the number of records is large and increasing daily
      3. availability: information may be searched

It is better to be saved in a secured file server as database(SQL server?) with password to access. It may be better to be encrypted. 

I hope this will be some help.

Regards,
    Ashidacchi
    Friday, March 17, 2017 10:36 PM
  • Hi,

What's the type of your application, asp.net or windows form or something else?

Please tell me more about your application, thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 20, 2017 5:19 AM