none
Bug in Azure : Failed to delete storage container - Error: There is currently a lease on the container and no lease ID was specified in the request.

Question

• description

Failed to delete storage container 'vhds'. Error: There is currently a lease on the container and no lease ID was specified in the request.

•
    status

Error

•
    time

‎Tuesday‎, ‎January‎ ‎03‎, ‎2017‎ ‎9‎:‎19‎:‎01‎ ‎AM

•
    correlation IDs

clientNotification-4a84118d-2731-42f7-b241-1d0f2b94300b

•
    resource

portalvhdsx2z1mrhrfzlzh (storage account (classic))

I think this is a bug for Azure. This container belong to a virtual machine, but I deleted this machine, so this conainter cannot ne deleted any more. I have no idea about this, please some one help.
    Tuesday, January 3, 2017 1:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft forums. We are pleased to answer your query.

When you delete an Azure Virtual Machine, the disk and VHD are not automatically deleted. We don’t delete the disk so that you can use the disk to mount another VM.

You can troubleshoot the Azure Storage container deletion error by following the steps given in the link.

I hope that the reply will assist you in getting your query addressed. In case you require further assistance, please do reply to the thread as we are always available to your queries.

Regards.

Md. Shihab

*******************************************************************************
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you as this can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. And vote as helpful.

• Edited by Md Shihab Tuesday, January 3, 2017 6:21 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Md Shihab Wednesday, January 25, 2017 7:35 AM
    Tuesday, January 3, 2017 6:20 AM