none
Getting problem Event Name : CLR20r3....while running console application which references wcf service .... RRS feed

• Question

• hi...

I have created simple wcf service and host it on the IIS 7 ....

then created a client app...which is Console application ... when I run this client app....I works vary well....

but when I run client application on the other computer  application just stop executing with some strange error ...lot of text on the conlose...name of the method,service reference detile and somethings else....

and the then windows comes up with the two option wait for program to response and other is close program .

and detiles

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
      Problem Signature 01: monitor_client.exe
      Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
      Problem Signature 03: 501fa7fe
      Problem Signature 04: System
      Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
      Problem Signature 06: 4ba1dff4
      Problem Signature 07: 1cf6
      Problem Signature 08: 8f
      Problem Signature 09: DI4EQZGVCWKDLTHKQTZWPXE3YRFKN1I2
      OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.4
      Locale ID: 1033
      Additional Information 1: 0a9e
      Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
      Additional Information 3: 0a9e
      Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on console..........

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no
     endpoint listening at http://srv1:8081/Service.svc that could accept the messag
    e. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerExcepti
    on, if present, for more details. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote name
    could not be resolved: 'srv1'
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.WebRequestHttpOutput.GetOutputStre
    am()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.WebRequestHttpOutput.GetOutputStre
    am()
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.Send(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpCha
    nnelRequest.SendRequest(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeS
    pan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message messag
    e, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean on
    eway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan tim
    eout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCall
    Message methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage req
    Msg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgDa
    ta, Int32 type)
       at monitor_client.ServiceReference1.ILogin_event.logon_event(String hostname,
     String username)
       at monitor_client.ServiceReference1.Login_eventClient.logon_event(String host
    name, String username) in E:\WCF_dll\monitor_client\monitor_client\Service Refer
    ences\ServiceReference1\Reference.cs:line 53
       at monitor_client.Program.Main(String[] args) in E:\WCF_dll\monitor_client\mo
    nitor_client\Program.cs:line 30

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea what should I do to work client application .

• Edited by .netaholic Monday, August 6, 2012 6:01 PM
    Monday, August 6, 2012 5:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Aholic,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

According to the error message: There was no
     endpoint listening at http://srv1:8081/Service.svc that could accept the messag
    e. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerExcepti
    on, if present, for more details. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote name
    could not be resolved: 'srv1'

please try to change the server name to IP address and try it again.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 9:45 AM