none
How to get notification, when 'final' Word document is edited by clicking (Edit Anyway) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I want to call a method, when word document marked as final is made editable (for example : by clicking "Edit anyway" ).

For making document final I am using PIAs(Primary Interop Assemblies) so if possible provide me a solution using PIAs.

If any one have any idea pls reply.

thanks

Lakshay.K

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>>For making document final I am using PIAs(Primary Interop Assemblies) so if possible provide me a solution using PIAs.<<

Since you said you are using PIAs and post the thread in the VSTO forum, I assume you are looking for an event to be triggered in your VSTO add-in when clicking “Edit anyway”.

When you mark the document as final, it will set the Final property of ActiveDocument property as True. We could use the code below to do this automatically.

Sub MarkAsFinal()
    ActiveDocument.Final = True
    End Sub

When you click the “Edit anyway”, it will set the Final property as False.

But I’m afraid there is no such event will be triggered in Word Object Model when Final property is changed from True to False.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 15, 2013 5:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>For making document final I am using PIAs(Primary Interop Assemblies) so if possible provide me a solution using PIAs.<<

Since you said you are using PIAs and post the thread in the VSTO forum, I assume you are looking for an event to be triggered in your VSTO add-in when clicking “Edit anyway”.

When you mark the document as final, it will set the Final property of ActiveDocument property as True. We could use the code below to do this automatically.

Sub MarkAsFinal()
    ActiveDocument.Final = True
    End Sub

When you click the “Edit anyway”, it will set the Final property as False.

But I’m afraid there is no such event will be triggered in Word Object Model when Final property is changed from True to False.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 15, 2013 5:15 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for replying. I was also thinking the same. But i am looking for an alternate way to do it.

Friday, November 15, 2013 12:23 PM