none
Microsoft Expression Web 4 has stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• I've used Expression Web 4 for years, running on Windows 10.

However, today (after not using for approx three weeks) when I try to start it I simply get a message as per below

Any ideas?

Monday, October 24, 2016 3:19 AM

All replies

•  You have the usual choices when a program stops working: go back to an earlier system restore point, or reinstall/repair the program and its dependencies (in the case of EW that means the asp.net framework, not just EW).

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - Asp.Net Applications

Monday, October 24, 2016 3:43 AM
  • I have just come across exactly the same issue - worked fine and then today received the same error message.  Have done the basics, repair, un-/re-install for Expression Web 4 only.

Anyone found the issue and the easiest path to resolution?

Thanks

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 3:34 AM
  • Re-read my message. EW depends on the asp.net framework. If that gets corrupted, EW won't work, so any repair would have to include that. Also, you didn't try a system restore to an earlier time. You could also try installing and running EW as an administrator, if you were not doing that already.  If none of those work, there is no other advice I can offer.

Kathleen Wilber

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 5:58 PM
  • Only Microsoft Expression SP1 work but SP2 no. The problem is Windows Update install SP2 automaticly.

Me, I have blocked this update with this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Sorry for my English!

Monday, October 31, 2016 4:11 AM
  • Why not download the latest version, free EW4? It works with no problem on Win 10. There are no updates for it: all updates, including a few that were not included in SP2, are already in it.  (I'll point out we don't know what release of EW4 the original poster is using, so your problem may not be the same.)

Kathleen Wilber

• Edited by KathyW2 Tuesday, November 1, 2016 10:15 PM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2016 10:14 PM