none
Small Basic Compiler RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone I have a questions about the Small Basic Compiler how does it work and what does it do and how can one use it. Thanks!
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 3:00 AM

Answers

•   Hi CodingLikeCrazy

Would  you  specify  your  question, please ?

I Don´t know if I understood the question correctly
    Small Basic operates within the platform. NET framework
    as C + +, C # and Visual Basic.Net

The development tool compiles the source code of any of the languages ​​supported by. NET intermediate code, the CIL (Common Intermediate Language)

Regards,

carlosfmur - Buenos Aires

A bit off; the .NET framework is a framework. Languages do not run on it, they use it as their BCL.

CLI/C++, C#, VB.NET and SmallBasic all run on the CLR (Common Language Runtime), which is part of the CLI (Common Language Infrastructure). All are compiled down into an intermediate language, be it CIL or MSIL (I cannot remember which), and are then compiled.

How a compiler works is a very complicated thing; I would recommend that you think of buying the Dragon Book and have a go at decompiling the SmallBasic compiler (SmallBasicCompiler.exe).

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:19 PM

All replies

•   Hi CodingLikeCrazy

The development tool compiles the source code of any of the languages ​​supported by. NET intermediate code, the CIL (Common Intermediate Language)

Regards,

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 3:37 PM
  •   Hi CodingLikeCrazy

Regards,

A bit off; the .NET framework is a framework. Languages do not run on it, they use it as their BCL.

CLI/C++, C#, VB.NET and SmallBasic all run on the CLR (Common Language Runtime), which is part of the CLI (Common Language Infrastructure). All are compiled down into an intermediate language, be it CIL or MSIL (I cannot remember which), and are then compiled.

How a compiler works is a very complicated thing; I would recommend that you think of buying the Dragon Book and have a go at decompiling the SmallBasic compiler (SmallBasicCompiler.exe).

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:19 PM
  •    

OK

Many thanks

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:56 PM