I already installed the win 8 preview , which i don't want anymore, Is there any way to get to the last restore point in my previous OS?

Question

• I already installed  the win 8 preview , which i don't want anymore, Is there any way to get to the last restore point in my previous OS?
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:47 PM

Answers

• No you can't, it's a new OS.
    You will have to reinstall your previous OS with the CD or USB.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:53 PM
  • Depends,

Did you do a full installation or did you dual boot like one should with a development release.

If you did dual boot simply follow the procedure outlined numerous times. In a Google search Fix Windows XXX Boot.

XXX = your old version of Windows. One of the 54,800,000 hits will work for you.

If you did not set this up in a dual boot scenario or installed in the form of an Upgrade which I recommend to anyone watching not to do this.  Unless you have a backup image or Disk that shipped with your PC tucked away somewhere your done for.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:10 PM
  • Your previous OS is gone and so, of course, are all its restore points.  Use your image backup, if you made one, or you will have to reinstall from scratch.  Just like the instructions on the download page said.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:22 PM

All replies

• No you can't, it's a new OS.
    You will have to reinstall your previous OS with the CD or USB.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:53 PM
  • Depends,

Did you do a full installation or did you dual boot like one should with a development release.

If you did dual boot simply follow the procedure outlined numerous times. In a Google search Fix Windows XXX Boot.

XXX = your old version of Windows. One of the 54,800,000 hits will work for you.

If you did not set this up in a dual boot scenario or installed in the form of an Upgrade which I recommend to anyone watching not to do this.  Unless you have a backup image or Disk that shipped with your PC tucked away somewhere your done for.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:10 PM
  • Your previous OS is gone and so, of course, are all its restore points.  Use your image backup, if you made one, or you will have to reinstall from scratch.  Just like the instructions on the download page said.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:22 PM