none
Best Practices for bot framework developing RRS feed

• General discussion

• Currently I am working on a chatbot with the Bot Framework and integrated with LUIS services. On the Dialgos I have a LUISdialog.cs that manages all the responses. I currently handle an approximate of 70 intents that include interactions from webscrappers and SQL queries to get data from a database to create the reply. This file has 5000 lines of code alone by handling the responses according to LUIS intents like this 

[LuisIntent("INTENTS")]
            public async Task INTENTS(IDialogContext context, IAwaitable<IMessageActivity> activity, LuisResult result)
            {
    //Response with SQL queries and HeroCards on some
    }

I do this for all my intents and that is why it is gotten so big.

What I am looking for is a better practice to do this. kind of like an "intermediate layer" so that I dont have to have all the responses in the code. I have been thinking on maybe storing responses on a noSQLDB or SQLDB and calling it depending on the intent and entities recieved from the LUIS call but I still haven´t figured out what to do with the other components like the SQL queries and HeroCards/PresentationCards. I want to hear ideas on the best practices on making chatbots with the bot framework.

Monday, April 30, 2018 3:12 PM