how to set text for user control textblock? RRS feed

• Question

• i ve one usercontrol in that i ve one textblock..

and i ve added that user control in my mainpage.xmal

now i want to set text of that user control text block from main page.

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

karthik.v

Friday, April 20, 2012 3:48 AM

Answers

• Try this,

1. Create a public property in your user control.

2. In the set of this user property set the the textblock.text = value.

3. In your main page you should be able to access your user control (if you have added the same through XAML make sure you have the x:name ="<usercontrolname>" set)

4. In your mainPage.xaml.cs/vb you should be able to set this property you created in step 2.

Friday, April 20, 2012 1:08 PM

All replies

• Try this,

1. Create a public property in your user control.

2. In the set of this user property set the the textblock.text = value.

3. In your main page you should be able to access your user control (if you have added the same through XAML make sure you have the x:name ="<usercontrolname>" set)

4. In your mainPage.xaml.cs/vb you should be able to set this property you created in step 2.

Friday, April 20, 2012 1:08 PM
  • If you wanna bind to the property in your user control then you have to create a DependencyPropertry, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc221408(v=VS.95).aspx

Friday, April 20, 2012 4:56 PM
  • hi,

You can make a property in your main page and set the value of ur text through this property, then you have to bind the usercontrol with that property in xaml of usercontrol.

<TextBox Height="auto" MaxLength="2000" Text="{BindingPath=Test.description,Mode=TwoWay,UpdateSourceTrigger=Default,ValidatesOnExceptions=True,NotifyOnValidationError=True}" HorizontalAlignment="Left" HorizontalContentAlignment="Left" Name="txtCaseDetails" TextWrapping="Wrap" VerticalAlignment="Top" MinWidth="425" Width="425" MinHeight="100" Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="1" Grid.RowSpan="4" Grid.ColumnSpan="4" Margin="5,5"></TextBox>

private CaseClass test;

public CaseClass Test

{

get

{

return this.test;

}

private set

{

this.test = value;

this.RaisePropertyChanged("Test");

}