none
Kinect for Windows Support RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know how to contact an actual person at Microsoft who can tell me what to do with a brand new out of the box Kinect for Windows 2 sensor that will not power up? I have done all the things suggested and checked all the possibilities and have concluded that it is simply a dud. So far all the contact links and calls lead me to Xbox support and they say "It's not my job". 

Hupbaby

Saturday, July 19, 2014 9:51 PM

Answers

• I can't help with the support contacts, but when you say the sensor will not power up, do you have the light on the power adapter box? If so, then have you actually tried running a sample app? There will not be any lights on the sensor until an app is executing.

Another thread here, someone was having an issue with the sensor not being recognized and I believe some one recommended he try using the 2nd power cord that is provided with the sensor. There are two power cords, one with a polarized plug and the other is not. This particular user tried the cord with the polarized plug and I believe that helped in his case.

• Marked as answer by Hupbaby Saturday, July 19, 2014 11:05 PM
    Saturday, July 19, 2014 10:29 PM

All replies

• I can't help with the support contacts, but when you say the sensor will not power up, do you have the light on the power adapter box? If so, then have you actually tried running a sample app? There will not be any lights on the sensor until an app is executing.

Another thread here, someone was having an issue with the sensor not being recognized and I believe some one recommended he try using the 2nd power cord that is provided with the sensor. There are two power cords, one with a polarized plug and the other is not. This particular user tried the cord with the polarized plug and I believe that helped in his case.

• Marked as answer by Hupbaby Saturday, July 19, 2014 11:05 PM
    Saturday, July 19, 2014 10:29 PM
  • Thank you very much GC! It was the power cord - when I unpacked the thing on Wednesday, it did not register on me that there were two power cords types. If anyone would choose the wrong one at random it would be me. Thanks again.  

Hupbaby

Hupbaby

Saturday, July 19, 2014 11:09 PM