How to use expression web 4 to build a web page to insert into sql server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am new to Expression and asp, in the past I have used php and mysql for database sites but I am now moving over to asp. I would like to be able to create a form on a web page that takes info on a book, for example title, author, isbn, keywords and then enter this into a sql server 2008 database. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a tutorial? I have searched around and come up with lots of stuff on c# and visual studio but not web pages.

Any help much appreciated

Mark

Sunday, April 29, 2012 10:34 AM

Answers

• Take a look at these tutorials:

http://www.homepagedoctor.com/Tutorials.aspx

And you are going to want to be using Visual Web Developer Express (It's a free download) for your database work. It's a sister program to Expression Web in that it works well hand-in-hand with Expression, but is it far superior (I say essential) for database work. In addition to facilitating database work, VWD has many of the features that Expression has, but not all of them.

ClarkNK, A.K.A. HomePage Doctor
    HomePageDoctor.com -- Expression Web database tutorials
    Ownertrades.com -- Created with Expression, VWDExress, SQL Express, and ASP.NET
    Arvixe -- My favored web host
    • Marked as answer by Mark Venn Sunday, April 29, 2012 1:28 PM
    Sunday, April 29, 2012 12:21 PM

All replies

• Take a look at these tutorials:

http://www.homepagedoctor.com/Tutorials.aspx

And you are going to want to be using Visual Web Developer Express (It's a free download) for your database work. It's a sister program to Expression Web in that it works well hand-in-hand with Expression, but is it far superior (I say essential) for database work. In addition to facilitating database work, VWD has many of the features that Expression has, but not all of them.

ClarkNK, A.K.A. HomePage Doctor
    HomePageDoctor.com -- Expression Web database tutorials
    Ownertrades.com -- Created with Expression, VWDExress, SQL Express, and ASP.NET
    Arvixe -- My favored web host
    • Marked as answer by Mark Venn Sunday, April 29, 2012 1:28 PM
    Sunday, April 29, 2012 12:21 PM
  • Many thanks. Visual web developer now installing ad I have had a quick look at the tutorial sugestion, looks great.

Mark

Sunday, April 29, 2012 1:29 PM