none
Connectivity Problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi MSFT,

My K4W v2 will not start on my computer.

System Info:

Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620

NVIDIA Quadro K4000

Renesas Electronics USB 3.0

If necessary, I can post a screenshot of the device manager/event viewer once my account is verified.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 5:43 PM

Answers

All replies

• I am having a similar problem with Windows Server 2012 R2,

Xenon CPU ES-2620 v2
         64GB RAM 
         Renesas
         USB 3.0
         AMD FirePro V4900
         DirectX 11 with Feature Level 11 supported

There is a white light on the Kinect adapter attached to the power but the Device Manager reports the KinectSensor Device as having an error (problem: 0xA). 

Any advice/suggestions?

---Andrew

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 10:14 PM
  • Same here,

device manager reports 'This device is working properly.' but all SDK samples report 'Kinect is unavailable'

Rok

Rok Bermež

Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:55 AM
  • Have you all seen this thread?

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/84763f91-5ba4-45be-acef-b80351a624c5/has-there-been-any-success-running-the-sdk-20-and-kinect-2v-on-windows-server-2012-r2?forum=kinectv2sdk

Sr. Enterprise Architect | Trainer | Consultant | MCT | MCSD | MCPD | SharePoint TS | MS Virtual TS |Windows 8 App Store Developer | Linux Gentoo Geek | Raspberry Pi Owner | Micro .Net Developer | Kinect For Windows Device Developer |blog: http://dgoins.wordpress.com

Thursday, July 31, 2014 2:47 PM
  • It turns out that I don't have Hyper V installed, which seems to be the biggest problem with running K4W sdk on a Windows Server 2012 machine. If it helps, I will post a screenshot of what I believe is the problem. The device manager indicates that the K4W does not start properly.
    Thursday, July 31, 2014 4:46 PM
  • I am getting the same state reported through Device Manager.
    Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:09 PM
  • Since you are not able to get the sensor driver correctly loaded, this is going to be something in the USB3/Bandwidth area of issues. What is the USB3 chipset you are plugged into and are there other devices connected to the same host-controller.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/20dbadae-dcee-406a-b66f-a182d76cea3b/troubleshooting-and-common-issues-guide?forum=kinectv2sdk

Since this is a server sku, we have no resources that are testing this. There are specific tuning on server that put preference on services and not applications.

Can you provide context on why you are running the SDK / Sensor on a particular server?

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Friday, August 1, 2014 5:53 PM
  • No other devices are plugged into my USB3 controller, which uses a Renesas driver. 

This is my dev box with the best hardware (which is needed for Kinect) that I have been using.  It seems that the Kinect should work on a server configured for development.  If I need to shut certain services off, I am happy to do so, but I need some guidance.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 5:53 PM
  • I am not sure why this question was marked as answered.  Did I miss something?

---Andrew

Friday, August 8, 2014 11:55 PM
  • I am using Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller. It is connected directly to the motherboard and there are no other devices plugged in.

My setup was provided to me by my university, so I don't know why this was done.

Monday, August 11, 2014 5:07 PM