Help us get our translations checked for Small Basic V-Next-Next RRS feed

• Question

• Note that there is no ETA on Small Basic releases. We cannot commit to any releases at this time. However, we're reviewing the different languages for a currently anticipated future release.

Here are the languages we've reviewed or are in the process of reviewing:

1. Croatian
    2. Czech
    3. Dutch
    4. English
    5. French
    6. Italian
    7. Japanese 
    8. Spanish  
    9. Turkish 

We're currently looking for help reviewing the following languages (please let us know if you'd like to help):

1. Arabic
    2. Chinese – Simplified
    3. Chinese – Traditional
    4. German
    5. Hebrew
    6. Icelandic
    7. Korean
    8. Polish
    9. Portuguese – Portugal
    10. Portuguese – Brazil
    11. Russian

Thank you for your help!

("V-Next-Next" is a bit of a joke. This would be for two versions from now. We anticipate that we're close to shipping 1.1. No current ETA.)

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Saturday, March 21, 2015 2:52 AM

Answers

• Hello,

If you wont to add Romanian languages I can help with translations.

BR

Mihai

Saturday, March 21, 2015 8:36 AM
  • I can stand available for german translation.

Saturday, March 21, 2015 9:04 PM
    Answerer
  • I can review Brazilian Portuguese. And even try my luck w/ European Portuguese for too obvious errors!

Click on "Propose As Answer" if some post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if some post has been useful to you! (^_^)

Sunday, March 22, 2015 2:17 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hello,

BR

Mihai

Saturday, March 21, 2015 8:36 AM

Saturday, March 21, 2015 9:04 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello,

BR

Mihai

Mihai,

Thanks. It's a good offer. I'll check with the team to see if we can do that.

Could I get your email? You can email me at edprice at Microsoft (then leave a message here so I know to look for your email). Also, my Skype is live:edwardnprice (then send me a contact request).

So this offer is for the UI text, right? Would you be willing to do other content as well? For example, the simplest might be the Reference Docs, which really are just the same work you'd do for the UI text Help area, but also pasted into the format used for the API Ref Docs on TechNet Wiki.

For example:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/26950.small-basic-international-resources.aspx#Small_Basic_API_Reference

And then you'll see other options on that page, like the Getting Started Guide, Curriculum, running a blog, translating some of the TechNet Wiki articles about Small Basic, etc.  

Also, we can start a blog on MSDN in another language (we currently just have English), but you'd need to help build a team of bloggers. Same thing for a Small Basic forum on MSDN for another language (we'd need a small team of moderators).

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Saturday, March 21, 2015 9:17 PM
  • I can review Brazilian Portuguese. And even try my luck w/ European Portuguese for too obvious errors!

Click on "Propose As Answer" if some post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if some post has been useful to you! (^_^)

Sunday, March 22, 2015 2:17 AM
    Answerer
  • Ed, Croatian exists both in "reviewed/reviewing" and "looking for help".

Nonki Takahashi

Sunday, March 22, 2015 2:56 PM
  • Ed, Croatian exists both in "reviewed/reviewing" and "looking for help".

Nonki Takahashi

Good catch. Croatian is already being reviewed. I updated the list. Thanks!

Monday, March 23, 2015 1:20 AM

Pappa Lapub, this would be very helpful!

Can you email me? It's edprice at Microsoft. Also, my Skype is live:edwardnprice (then send me a contact request).

I'll send you the files. Thanks! 

Monday, March 23, 2015 1:21 AM

GoToLoop, great!

Could I get your email? You can email me at edprice at Microsoft (then leave a message here so I know to look for your email). Also, my Skype is live:edwardnprice (then send me a contact request).

I sent you an email, but I'm not sure if that's the right one.

When I get your email, I'll send you the files. Thanks! 

Monday, March 23, 2015 1:30 AM
  • Hi Ed,
    your sent 'SmallBasicLibrary.de.xml' is identical with the file from the original SmallBasic-v1.0.msi installer.
    (just for info, MD5: 450c70e82506ce7787ca82938b19911a). Sorry, busy week and 1/2 way done. You'll have it (in 2 variations, default/extended) till end of weekend.
    Friday, March 27, 2015 8:07 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Ed,
    your sent 'SmallBasicLibrary.de.xml' is identical with the file from the original SmallBasic-v1.0.msi installer.
    (just for info, MD5: 450c70e82506ce7787ca82938b19911a). Sorry, busy week and 1/2 way done. You'll have it (in 2 variations, default/extended) till end of weekend.
    Yes, it's the same file. But it won't be after your pass. Thanks!

Saturday, March 28, 2015 6:05 AM
  • Mihai and GoToLoop, I haven't gotten emails from either of you yet.

Please send an email to edprice at Microsoft. 

Thanks!

Saturday, March 28, 2015 6:07 AM
  • Replied to you in my email just now! Please send them in!

Saturday, March 28, 2015 10:22 PM
    Answerer
  • Replied to you in my email just now! Please send them in!

Sent them. Thanks!

Monday, March 30, 2015 9:55 PM
  • Will (pt-pt) be the same as (pt-br)? Gonna be unified then?

Can you please send me the original (en-us) so I can compare it w/ pt-pt?

Monday, March 30, 2015 11:45 PM
    Answerer
  • Will (pt-pt) be the same as (pt-br)? Gonna be unified then?

Can you please send me the original (en-us) so I can compare it w/ pt-pt?

No, there are two languages...

pt is really pt-BR... Brazilian Portuguese.

pt-pt is Portugal Portuguese.

Yes, I'll send you the English files too.

Thanks!

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 6:06 AM