none
Sending email though SP 2013 designer workflow throws an error Access denied

Question

• Hi,

I have created workflow which sends an email while an item is created on a list associated with this workflow.

In 'To' section of email I have assigned a SP group called 'First Level Approvers'

The permission level of 'First Level approvers' group is Contribute.

The Person who is initiated/created this workflow (or say the person who is created an item of that list) falls under a SP Group called Initiator and this SP group permission level is Contribute(Only View, Add and Edit ) but No delete

The permission Group setting for ''First Level Approvers' is as follows

Issue: When a person who himself is from First Level Approvers group or who is a Site Collection Administrator and creates an item and then workflow starts, the mail successfully goes to all persons who are in FLA group as the workflow defines,

But when the person who is from outside FLA group or say he is from Initiator group the workflow throws the following error

Retrying last request. Next attempt scheduled in less than one minute. Details of last request: HTTP Unauthorized to ..../_api/sp.utilities.utility.SendEmail”.........................Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource.

The workflow created in SharePoint Designer of SharePoint 2013 online

Please guide me how to resolve this error. I have applied following trouble shooting but lo luck

1. Activate, deactivate and then again Activate the feature 'Workflows can use app permissions'

2. Allow everybody to see the members of the SharePoint group 'First level Approvers' and 'Initiator'

Thanks

Harsh

• Edited by Harsh v Monday, March 20, 2017 2:49 PM
    Monday, March 20, 2017 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Harsh,

To narrow down the issue, please create a new workflow to send an email with another group which is set to allow everybody to see the members of the SharePoint group, compare the results.

As a workaround, you could remove the SharePoint group from the To or CC line of the email and explicitly add the users in the group to the To or CC line to see if the send email action can work.

Here is a KB article describes this issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2839070

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 11:31 AM