none
Top Links Navigation - Can't move the Site Name from the First Position and Replace with another link

Question

• I've got a 2013 SP Site collection. I'm at the root level site, and am the Site Collection Admin, Publishing is enabled at the collection level, not on the site. I have the edit links icon, and I have navigation from Site Settings. The site is called WIDGETS & THINGS and then I have a couple sub sites and drop downs. All out of the box configuration. The Collection Navigation Settings has 3 check boxes; Enable Navigation, Enable Security Trimming, Enable Audience filtering. All three are checked.

My challenge is, I need to add a new link to another site collection in the first position. When I try the EDIT LINKS (top link) navigation setting OR use the Site Settings/Navigation edit, neither display the first link (site Name) of WIDGETS & THINGS.

Nonetheless, I add my link as the first spot called TEST and save. I am expecting and desire to see
    | TEST | Widgets and Things | Sites A | Sites B |

instead I get this,

| Widgets and Things | TEST | Sites A | Sites B |

How can I get "Test" into the first position? I don't even see how to move the existing site "Widgets and things" name.

• Edited by TxSteve Wednesday, June 12, 2019 2:05 PM
    Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:41 PM

Answers

• Hi TxSteve,

It is by designer that the current site name displayed on the first position,  we can't move the site name from the first position and replace with another link.

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:28 AM

All replies

• Hi TxSteve,

It is by designer that the current site name displayed on the first position,  we can't move the site name from the first position and replace with another link.

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:28 AM
  • I'm sorry I have not marked as answered yet, but I have 2 other collections that do have the text in the first slot. I agree with you that it normally lists the Site first, but I'm trying to research why those collections have it, but this one does not. Not sure if it has to do with how it was setup, or if there is a service enabled/disabled that the one not working has, or if there is a difference between 2013 and SharePoint Online. 
    • Edited by TxSteve Friday, June 14, 2019 12:15 PM
    Friday, June 14, 2019 10:20 AM