Help with setting up Reporting Services RRS feed

• Question

• User802733638 posted

I am trying to set up Reporting Services. I am using SQL Server  2005.

I installed service pack 2 for SQL Server 2005. The database looks to be set up in the configuration manager. When I try to deploy the report I get the following message:

A connection could not be made to the report server http://localhost/ReportServer

When trying to open the ReportServer folder in IIS I get another message:

An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError) Get Online Help
    Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I am not sure what SharePoint is and why I need it. I am just trying to set up simple reports on a local host SQL database and IIS on a standalone PC.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Tuesday, January 9, 2007 4:44 AM

All replies

• User-1692070805 posted
    This is just a guess. In the IIS admin tool in Control Panel/Administrative Tools, check the Properties on the Reports (and ReportServer) virtual directories under Default Web Site and make sure they are set to the Application pool "ReportServer" (or "DefaultAppPool" if there is no ReportServer pool) and not "MSSharepointAppPool".
    Friday, January 12, 2007 2:50 PM
  • User1963513543 posted
    This probably has something to do with the Sharepoint integration that is a part of sp2.  You can run Reporting Services in Integrated Mode (instead of Native Mode), and it will synchronize your report directory in Reporting Services with a site in MOSS or WSS.  If you don't want to use this, ensure you are in Native Mode.  Go to Microsoft SQL Server 2005 --> Configuration Tools --> Reporting Services Configuration.  Then click on the tab "Database Setup".  If you've installed sp2, you will see a line called "Server Mode:".
    Tuesday, February 20, 2007 7:19 PM
  • User1166873804 posted

I recently installed SQL Server 2005 SP2 and I'm receiving this same error.

When I bring up the Reporting Services Configuration tool, and go to "Database Setup" as you say, I do in fact see a "Server Mode" line and it's set to "SharePoint Integrated".

How do I turn this off / fix the problem?

Thanx for any help in advance.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:05 PM
  • User1166873804 posted

I found my answer here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb326407.aspx

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 8:54 PM