InfoPath Update Vs Submit button error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

An infoPath Form was created and published to a library in SharePoint Online. It has a couple sections on the form for different users to fill out during a workflow process therefore different views etc will be placed on the same form.

The issue now is that once a new item is created and submitted it saves perfectly with a formula to concatenate 3 fields for it's file name. However, when someone else or even myself opens back the form and wants to press the SAVE button or submit button it is given the following error see images attached. 

The aim is simply to update the form and continue to workflow process. I don't necessarily need a submit button. I can use the default SAVE, and EDIT button but in this case the EDIT button is no longer available and whenever I try to save the changes it's telling me that the File name already exist and SAVE AS ...

Please help! I simply want to update the same file without renaming the file each time and want the EDIT button as an option.

Any advise is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance,

ASLR.  

Thursday, October 13, 2016 2:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you checked the box "Allow Overwrite if file exists" as shown below. If not, check the box and let me know if the issue persists.

Regards, Sathiya

• Marked as answer by aslr12 Friday, October 14, 2016 2:44 PM
    Friday, October 14, 2016 4:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you checked the box "Allow Overwrite if file exists" as shown below. If not, check the box and let me know if the issue persists.

Regards, Sathiya

• Marked as answer by aslr12 Friday, October 14, 2016 2:44 PM
    Friday, October 14, 2016 4:55 AM
  • It worked perfectly! 

Many Thanks, 

Friday, October 14, 2016 2:44 PM