Where and how to install provisioning profile in Visual Studio for Xamarin.Forms? RRS feed

• Question

• User365558 posted

I have implemented push notification using UrbanAirship. I am not getting notification. I have google for it and it says I need to install certificates. I got 2 certificates.

1- appidentifier.p12

2- appidentifierIOS.mobileprovision

I am using Windows 10 with Visual Studio 2017(Enterprise Edition). I connect simulator of Mac System remotely. Now I know appidentifier.p12 will be installed in Mac System. But I don't know where and how to install appidentifierIOS.mobileprovision. I think I need to install in Visual Studio but don't know how to install.

Specification:

Windows 10

Visual Studio 2017(Enterprise Edition)

Xamarin.Forms

Can anybody please guide me?

Wednesday, May 9, 2018 6:21 AM

Answers

• User88712 posted

Hi, first of all please read this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/ios/get-started/installation/windows/introduction-to-xamarin-ios-for-visual-studio.

1.You can't install provisioning profile in windows/visual studio. 2.To build iOS app you need MacOS + Xamarin. 3. Provisioning profile you can install only on connected Mac. 4. In visual studio you can only choose installed provision profile on connected Mac.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, May 9, 2018 7:22 AM

All replies

• User88712 posted

Hi, first of all please read this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/ios/get-started/installation/windows/introduction-to-xamarin-ios-for-visual-studio.

1.You can't install provisioning profile in windows/visual studio. 2.To build iOS app you need MacOS + Xamarin. 3. Provisioning profile you can install only on connected Mac. 4. In visual studio you can only choose installed provision profile on connected Mac.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, May 9, 2018 7:22 AM
  • User76930 posted

You could open xcode. Preferencies > Account > Manage Certificate > iOs Develpemnt. I just rought path but should help to get. It is easier way

Friday, September 6, 2019 5:18 PM