Azure Analysis Service - How to find the Azure Analysis Service Cube Size. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created an Azure Analysis Service and deployed my tabular model cube to this.My data source is Azure Data Lake.My source files size is somewhere ~800MB (Fact and Dimensions).I deployed to the Azure Analysis Service Cube which is having S0 configuration(Max 10GB cache memroty).I checked the size of the cube in the portal  (Azure Analysis Service Cube --> Metrics -->Memory) ,it is showing 1.56 GB. Ideally the size of the Azure cube need to be less than source data(at least 1/3rd even though theoretically it is 1/10th),but it's showing double the size of source. Am i checking the cube size correctly? If yes, then any idea why cube size is doubled. I checked the (Azure Analysis Service Cube --> Metrics -->M Engine Memory) ,its showing 576MB of size.Not sure about this.So need assistance on this.

Thanks in Advance.

Friday, July 6, 2018 7:20 AM

All replies

• You can try out the script mentioned in this link and let me know if that works for you. This script is used for finding out the size of the server but it also outputs each cube database name and its size which you needed.
    Monday, July 9, 2018 9:49 PM