How to getting test case result attachments on test case result? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I need getting attachments of test case result what are added when the test case is executing on 'Test Center' app.

The attachments can show on Test Center:

But I can't access the attachments on ITestCaseResult object instance:

Why my attached images don't get on the Attachments? How to get its?

Thanks.

• Edited by Salih KARAHAN Wednesday, May 3, 2017 2:10 PM image and typo fixed
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 11:34 AM

Answers

• Hi Salih KARAHAN,

Thank you for posting here.

There is a feature to export test artifacts data with TFS 2013 Update2 and later version, it allows you to customize what data you want to export including link and test case attachments.

But unfortunately, it doesn’t support export the attachments of the test results.  

And according to this user voice, there is currently no way to export the attachments of the “Test Result”.

Please also reference this thread.

You can have a try for the REST API, but it seems only support TFS 2017 and VSTS.

Download a test result attachment with REST API

Best Regards.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 4, 2017 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Salih KARAHAN,

Thank you for posting here.

There is a feature to export test artifacts data with TFS 2013 Update2 and later version, it allows you to customize what data you want to export including link and test case attachments.

But unfortunately, it doesn’t support export the attachments of the test results.  

And according to this user voice, there is currently no way to export the attachments of the “Test Result”.

Please also reference this thread.

You can have a try for the REST API, but it seems only support TFS 2017 and VSTS.

Download a test result attachment with REST API

Best Regards.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 4, 2017 9:15 AM
  • Hi @Andy-Li,

Thanks for your answer, it is very clear and understandable. I am sorry for this unsupported subject. I hope TFS API will support this feature. I searched, and I found this page. Maybe (If my boss accepts this way)  I can get attachments on TFS collection database. 

Thursday, May 4, 2017 1:41 PM