none
Create/export PDF RRS feed

Answers

• Short answer? No.

Long answer? Not without an extension that is able to do so.

Sunday, February 3, 2013 10:16 PM
  • Yes, an extension would not be too difficult. What you would need to do is write the class that you want SB users to use (in VB/C#) and write the code in that class to wrap (i.e., the code that the SB user calls in turn calls code from the PDFSharp library).

You could tackle this yourself pretty easily if you are familiar with C# or VB. If you are not so familiar with them, I could help you write it or, if you want, I could write it and add it to the IO Extension.

Please mark any answers and "vote as helpful" any posts that help you!

Monday, February 4, 2013 2:12 AM
    Answerer
  • I understand.

A bit of googling may provide a simple image to pdf batch conversion.  I haven't tried or recommend this, but they are out there, for example http://www.verypdf.com/tif2pdf/tiff-ocr-pdf/jpg-to-pdf.html.

So create an image with an existing extension, then run a batch file (could even be called from Small Basic using an extension that allows processes to be started) to do the conversion.

Alternatively writing an extension, or even just a bespoke image to pdf converter might be a fun challenge as gungan37 suggests.
    Monday, February 4, 2013 9:12 PM

All replies

• Short answer? No.

Long answer? Not without an extension that is able to do so.

Sunday, February 3, 2013 10:16 PM
  • So I knew both answers already. :-(

Here comes another question: there are a lot of free C++/C# pdf libraries out there (i.e. PDFsharp) is it possible to create an extension with tem?

Monday, February 4, 2013 1:40 AM
  • Yes, an extension would not be too difficult. What you would need to do is write the class that you want SB users to use (in VB/C#) and write the code in that class to wrap (i.e., the code that the SB user calls in turn calls code from the PDFSharp library).

You could tackle this yourself pretty easily if you are familiar with C# or VB. If you are not so familiar with them, I could help you write it or, if you want, I could write it and add it to the IO Extension.

Please mark any answers and "vote as helpful" any posts that help you!

Monday, February 4, 2013 2:12 AM
    Answerer
  • Well, I think it will be difficult for me to do that all alone (I'm not familiar with C# or VB), but I'm always interested in learning something new.

I'll have a busy february, but reading suggestions are welcome =)

Thank you!

Monday, February 4, 2013 6:12 PM
  • What do you want in the pdf from the GraphicsWindow, all I can imagine is just an image and there are extensions that create an image jpg, tiff etc of the GraphicsWindow, which could be easily put in a pdf (word etc).

Perhaps I am missing something?

Monday, February 4, 2013 8:19 PM
  • you are right, but the output file I need is a PDF and I want my software to output that automatically (i.e. to create 100 different pdf lopping the hypotetical create_pdf() subroutine)
    Monday, February 4, 2013 8:54 PM
  • I understand.

A bit of googling may provide a simple image to pdf batch conversion.  I haven't tried or recommend this, but they are out there, for example http://www.verypdf.com/tif2pdf/tiff-ocr-pdf/jpg-to-pdf.html.

So create an image with an existing extension, then run a batch file (could even be called from Small Basic using an extension that allows processes to be started) to do the conversion.

Alternatively writing an extension, or even just a bespoke image to pdf converter might be a fun challenge as gungan37 suggests.
    Monday, February 4, 2013 9:12 PM
  • The batch command called from small basic could be fine.

Which extensions do I need to create jpg/tiff and which to call exe or batch files?

Thank you very much for your help and your time! ;-)

Monday, February 4, 2013 9:36 PM
  • There are probably several, check their spec out by searching this forum that do this, but I know the LitDev does too.

Commands such as:

LDUtilities.GWCapture to output the GW to an image file.

LDProcess.Start to run an external program (batch file or even a converter program with batch or command line capabilities).

Monday, February 4, 2013 10:13 PM
  • thank you very much, i'll try asap and i'll let you know!

Monday, February 4, 2013 10:19 PM