Activation Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the MDSN version of Expression Studio 4 Ultimate and activated it.  Then I purchased the Encoder 4 pro upgrade for $49 and activated it. Now expression Studio 4 Ultimate says I have exceeded the number of activations for Expression Studio 4 Ultimate.  Who do you call, I have been on the phone for two hours with tech support for MSDN and they know very little about the Expression products and activation.  And the phone number given for phone activation is useless since expression is not part of their product list. So how do you upgrade encoder 4 with ultimate to encoder 4 pro?  How does one reset his activation count? Plus it would be nice to talk to a person who can help with msdn activations and knows how to reset the count.
    Monday, July 12, 2010 7:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Gene,

I'm investigating this issue currently, and it would be helpful if I could get a bit more information. Could you please send me the Product ID that shows up in the About Box of Encoder.

The activation issue you are seeing concerns me. The way our activation works is once the machine has been activated we will never prompt again. The about box should show that the license is in x days to activate (in Blend/Web/Design) or is fully licensed.

Is this the only machine you have tried to install on?

Thanks, Dave

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 6:17 PM
  • Hey David,

I guess the real question here should be:

Whom does one contact to reset activation on Expression Studio 4 given a certain key and computer combination?

I have been on this problem since last friday when the simple solution would be to reset my msdn key for the two computers I have Expression Studio 4 Ultimate installed on.  Then all I have to do is reactivate them.

Product ID: 02768-738-0034077-70908

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 7:02 PM
  • Please share anything you have learned on this subject. I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with various Microsoft folks yesterday and GOT NOWHERE. It was so frustrating. No one knows anything at all about Expression or activating it. In my case, I changed my motherboard, and now Expression thinks it's a different computer and is going to disable itself tomorrow if I don't figure out how to activate it again.
    Friday, November 12, 2010 1:33 PM