none
Installing the Word Add in on Word 2016 - Windows 10 Operating System RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying install the add-in on Word 2016.I choose the Insert->Add-ins. When I click dropdown, it does not show my add-in there. Hence i click on See All. It opens the Office Add-ins popup.in My Organization tab, i did not see my Add-in or I did not see an option to browse and upload my Add in. Can you please suggest me if I need to place it any directory under Office packages before I try to upload it. I saw the documentation for Mac, and it's suggested for Mac that we need to place the app manifest file under Documents/wef  directory. Is it something we need to do it for Windows also. If so, can someone let me know the process and the path where to upload it with detailed steps. 

Thank you.

Monday, December 12, 2016 5:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to Deploy and publish your Office Add-in

You can use one of several methods to deploy your Office Add-in for testing or distribution to users:

•Sideloading - Use as part of your development process to test your add-in running on Windows, Office Online, iPad, or Mac.

•Office 365 admin center preview - Use to distribute your add-in to users in your organization in a cloud or hybrid deployment.

•Office Store - Use to distribute your add-in publicly to users.

•SharePoint catalog - Use as part of your development process to test your add-in, or, in an on-premises environment, to distribute your add-in to users in your organization.

If you are an administrator, you can deploy custom add-ins for the users in your organization. You can do this using the Office 365 admin center and a custom XML manifest file. Please see Deploy Office Add-ins in the Office 365 Admin Center

Or you could use a SharePoint App Catalog to deploy add-ins to users in an on-premises environment. Please visit Publish task pane and content add-ins to a SharePoint catalog

An add-in catalog is a dedicated site collection in a SharePoint web application or SharePoint Online tenancy that hosts document libraries for Office and SharePoint Add-ins. Administrators can upload Office Add-ins manifest files to the add-in catalog for their organization. When an administrator registers an add-in catalog as a trusted catalog, users can insert the add-in from the insertion UI in an Office client application.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by DevSN Wednesday, December 14, 2016 6:46 AM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:21 AM