none
[E2010] [EWS] [C#] [Windows]: The AutoDiscovery service couldn't be located RRS feed

• Question

• I have a windows service that has been running in Production for awhile now, without too many issues. This service utilizes EWS to monitor a mailbox for certain emails. As of last night we started receiving the error message "The AutoDiscovery service couldn't be located". I talked with our exchange people and they said they did update the certificate, we have tried restarting the service and even restarted the server to no avail.

What doesn't make since to me, is the service is also running on our dev server and is not experiencing the issue, which tells me that AutoDiscovery is fine. I am at a loss of what the issue could be, any help is much appreciated.

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful.

Don't Retire Technet

Thursday, January 8, 2015 4:17 PM

Answers

• Yes I am using the managed API. I was finally able to reproduce the issue in DEV, by installing Prods code base there, as there was some slight differences between DEV's and Prod's code base. Made some code adjustments and have everything working now, but thank you for your assistance.

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful.

Don't Retire Technet

• Marked as answer by clayman2 Thursday, January 8, 2015 5:26 PM
    Thursday, January 8, 2015 5:26 PM

All replies

• Are you using the EWS Managed API? If so, I'd probably start by enabling tracing and turning on all the Autodiscover-related trace flags.
    Thursday, January 8, 2015 4:59 PM
  • Yes I am using the managed API. I was finally able to reproduce the issue in DEV, by installing Prods code base there, as there was some slight differences between DEV's and Prod's code base. Made some code adjustments and have everything working now, but thank you for your assistance.

Don't Retire Technet

• Marked as answer by clayman2 Thursday, January 8, 2015 5:26 PM
    Thursday, January 8, 2015 5:26 PM