none
msdn.microsoft.com blocking our office IP RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I hope someone could point me in the right direction here.  Unfortuantely, Microsoft is blocking our local office IP from accessing msdn.microsoft.com.  We can access other microsoft properties and msdn.microsoft.com from other near by IP address but not the primary address that services all our employees. 

I double checked my findings with our network engineer and confirmed everything is ok on our end.  Many thanks for any insight you can provide.
    Friday, June 5, 2009 6:00 PM

Answers

• Hello Charles,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.  The problem, as our Network Engineer and I orginally thought, turned out to be a routing problem with our ISP, Level3 and Akamai.

Chris

Friday, June 12, 2009 5:41 PM

All replies

• Hello Christopher,

We do not block any IP address. Is there any proxy server configured in your network? What is the error you are getting when accessing http://msdn.microsoft.com?
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 8:07 PM
  • Hello Charles,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.  The problem, as our Network Engineer and I orginally thought, turned out to be a routing problem with our ISP, Level3 and Akamai.

Chris

Friday, June 12, 2009 5:41 PM
  • Glad to know you have identified the root cause and hope you will have the resolution soon.
    Charles
    Friday, June 12, 2009 6:51 PM