2012 CU1 Question RRS feed

• Question

• 2012 CU1 contains a fix for "A database error has occurred" error message in SQL Server 2012 when you create a business rule in which the name of an attribute contains a space.

Does this fix also correct the same issue if you have a space in the "Entity" name?

Thanks

-Billy

Monday, June 25, 2012 5:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Billy,

SQL Server 2012 CU2 which is already public include fixes for all problems related to spaces in business rules.

If you applied it and still see any issue, we will be glad to hear about that.

Thanks,

Tomer (MSFT)

• Marked as answer by Elvis Long Monday, July 9, 2012 1:22 AM
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 5:48 PM

All replies

• I take it you unable to create an entity that has a space in its name?  I don't remember if we had that issue prior to CU1 but we def do not have that issue now, after CU1.  We may not have had this issue prior to CU1. 
    Monday, June 25, 2012 6:24 PM
  • No, the entity has a space in it, that's not the issue.  When I create a business rule with that entity and try to publish it, I receive "A database error has occurred, see DB Admin".

CU1 contains a fix for this issue however it states "Attribute contains a space".  I'm trying to find out if this also includes "Entities" containing spaces.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 1:38 AM
  • Hi Billy,

SQL Server 2012 CU2 which is already public include fixes for all problems related to spaces in business rules.

If you applied it and still see any issue, we will be glad to hear about that.

Thanks,

Tomer (MSFT)

• Marked as answer by Elvis Long Monday, July 9, 2012 1:22 AM
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 5:48 PM