none
How to get the server Sync size limit? RRS feed

• Question

• In response to a Sync command, server can return status 4 when number of elements exceed the limit.  The limit is configurable.

Reference: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj663294(v=exchg.80).aspx

How can a client get the limit?

Monday, January 30, 2017 11:27 AM

Answers

• Hello KwokLeungCheung,

Thank you for your patience as we investigated your question. In investigating your question regarding whether or not a CLIENT is able to query a limit. It does not appear that there is a provision for CLIENTS to query a SERVER to obtain a command request limit preemptively. However, SERVERS should return a LIMIT element in the command response that specifies the limit of the corresponding command request which exceeds the SERVER defined limit. In these instances the SERVER may return a command reponse with a status of 15. Please refer to [MS-ASCMD]: Exchange ActiveSync: Command Reference Protocol, section 2.2.3.166.16 Status (Sync) for additional information on the command response of a Sync request.

Sincerely,

Will Gregg

Monday, February 27, 2017 5:34 PM

All replies

• Hi KwokLeungCheung:

I have alerted the open specifications team regarding your inquiry. A member of the team will be in touch soon.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Monday, January 30, 2017 4:48 PM
    Owner
  • Hi KwokLeungCheung,

Thanks for posting your question regarding the MS-ASCMD document and how to a client can determine the Sync command limits set by a server.

I am looking into this and will reply shortly with the results of my investigation.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 1:30 AM
  • Hello KwokLeungCheung,

Thank you for your patience as we investigated your question. In investigating your question regarding whether or not a CLIENT is able to query a limit. It does not appear that there is a provision for CLIENTS to query a SERVER to obtain a command request limit preemptively. However, SERVERS should return a LIMIT element in the command response that specifies the limit of the corresponding command request which exceeds the SERVER defined limit. In these instances the SERVER may return a command reponse with a status of 15. Please refer to [MS-ASCMD]: Exchange ActiveSync: Command Reference Protocol, section 2.2.3.166.16 Status (Sync) for additional information on the command response of a Sync request.

Sincerely,

Will Gregg

Monday, February 27, 2017 5:34 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.  I will try it out.
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 11:04 AM