none
How to evaluate biztalk? RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry! I am new in EDI. So, I have a lot of questions that hope someone help me to answer them.

1) If my company want to find a solution to deal with EDI problem, is Biztalk the best one?

2) If I depoly biztalk, should I need third party to do transmit job? (we are using third party to help us translate the edi documents)

3) Can Biztalk generate EDI document and send it directly to our trading partner?

4) Does most of companies use third party to handle their PO? if they use third party, does it mean that they generate EDI documents and then use internet to send their PO to third party and then third party send the PO to supplier and supplier uses biztalk or other software to decode the edi documents and transfer the data into database? 

Hope someone to help me answer these questions.

Best Wishes,

Jimmy 

Wednesday, May 5, 2010 10:31 PM

Answers

• Hello Jimmy,

1) Whether the BizTalk Serverdie best solution to this problem, one can say not as sweeping as this nor other depends on many parameters. But I would say because of my vocational experience that the Microsoft BizTalk Server is made by a good choice.

2) The BizTalk Server supports a multitude of transport protocols out-of-the-box. Windows SharePoint Services, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), SOAP, SMTP, POP3, HTTP (s), FTP, FILE, MSMQ, WebSphere MQ and many more (http://www.microsoft.com/biztalk/en/us/ adapter-included.aspx).

3) Yes, yes

4) You can also do that with BizTalk Server.

I hope my answers were helpful.

Regards,

Torsten Küsters
    MCTS BizTalk Server

Thursday, May 6, 2010 6:42 AM

All replies

• Hello Jimmy,

1) Whether the BizTalk Serverdie best solution to this problem, one can say not as sweeping as this nor other depends on many parameters. But I would say because of my vocational experience that the Microsoft BizTalk Server is made by a good choice.

2) The BizTalk Server supports a multitude of transport protocols out-of-the-box. Windows SharePoint Services, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), SOAP, SMTP, POP3, HTTP (s), FTP, FILE, MSMQ, WebSphere MQ and many more (http://www.microsoft.com/biztalk/en/us/ adapter-included.aspx).

3) Yes, yes

4) You can also do that with BizTalk Server.

I hope my answers were helpful.

Regards,

Torsten Küsters
    MCTS BizTalk Server

Thursday, May 6, 2010 6:42 AM
  • Hi Torsten,

Thank you for your answer.

But, I want to know if I use biztalk, should I need third party to do the document transmission ?

And, how about your company do for the EDI? Does you company send EDI document to your supplier or customer directly?

Sincerely,

Jimmy

• Proposed as answer by Küsters Thursday, May 6, 2010 4:58 PM
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 3:50 PM
  • Hi Jimmy,

If you use BizTalk, you don´t need third party (tools) to do the document transmission to our partners, if yours transmission partners are accessible with the out-of-the-box adapetrs that were shipped which biztalk.

Yes our comanpy send EDI docuemnts directly to our suppliers (over SMTP, FTP and HTTP).

Regards,

Torsten Küsters
    MCTS BizTalk Server

Thursday, May 6, 2010 5:05 PM
  • Is any possible that I can contact u directly?

Because I am new in EDI, I have a lot of questions.

I hop you can help me.

Thank you

Jimmy

Friday, May 7, 2010 12:38 AM