Connect Kinect for Windows to Xbox One RRS feed

• Question

• Im trying to connect a Kinect v2 for Windows to a Xbox One console but the console don't detect it. 

I read that Kinect for Windows is exactly the same that a Xbox One Kinect so I guess it should work. Any tips?

Friday, November 21, 2014 2:51 PM

Answers

• On the Windows platform, the sensors are functionally the same. Both devices work the same with the Kinect for Windows v2 SDK with no functional differences. You can use your existing Xbox One sensor on a Windows system using the adapter.

As for the Xbox platform, there is no support for using the Kinect for Windows v2 device on that system. The only supported sensor is the official Kinect for Xbox One device.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Friday, November 21, 2014 9:18 PM

All replies

• On the Windows platform, the sensors are functionally the same. Both devices work the same with the Kinect for Windows v2 SDK with no functional differences. You can use your existing Xbox One sensor on a Windows system using the adapter.

As for the Xbox platform, there is no support for using the Kinect for Windows v2 device on that system. The only supported sensor is the official Kinect for Xbox One device.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Friday, November 21, 2014 9:18 PM
  • is there any firmware update or any adapter that can me Kinect for Windows 2.0 compatible with XBOX One?

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:14 AM
  • Can I use the existing adapter in my kinect for windows v2 on an Xbox one S?

Is the supplied adapter exactly the same as the Kinect-Adapter-for-Xbox-One-S-and-Windows-PC

Saturday, January 14, 2017 4:09 PM
  • did you ever find an answer to this?
    Saturday, January 14, 2017 4:09 PM
  • did you find a solution to this? I was hoping you would have to save me some money buying extra kinect sensor for my xbox one s
    Saturday, January 14, 2017 4:12 PM