placeholder text RRS feed

• Question

• User-944424728 posted

Hello, I have this search input textbox below and a placeholder. How can I make the placeholder text to be visible when the cursor gives focus. It currently removes the text. Thank you. Placehold info:
    https://www.nngroup.com/articles/form-design-placeholders/

--

<input id="gsi-text" type="text" class="form-control" aria-label="We value your input, did you find what you were looking for?" name="gsi-text" placeholder="We value your input, did you find what you were looking for?">

Friday, June 21, 2019 7:58 PM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

This is how it works and this is a reason given in this link to NOT use placeholders. Rather than what you don't want to happen could you confirm that you want to use floating labels ? It seems also to me that asking this question as part of the search input box doesn't really make sense. It it shown even before the user searched something and my first thought would be to wonder if you really expect that I enter yes or no in this textbox. IMHO it should be another element that triggers an actual feedback UI.

Friday, June 21, 2019 9:24 PM
  • User-944424728 posted

yes, you can reply in the text box as "yes" or "no" and hit submit button. Thanks.

Friday, June 21, 2019 9:41 PM
  • User288213138 posted

Hi aspvbnet,

I have run the code you provided and found it works well on my side.

The result:

Do you quote some other class libraries? If so, please post the class library to me.

Best Regard,
    Sam

Monday, June 24, 2019 7:23 AM