none
S2S VPN Connectivity shows status Connecting RRS feed

• Question

• I have setup an S2S Route based VPN Connectivity between Azure and my customer's on premise location. I have provided the key to my customer so that they can use it while setting up the connectivity on their side.

My customer has provided me their VPN Gateway IP and the same is configured on Azure side. But when i go to the properties of the S2S gateway, it still shows connecting.

Can anyone tell me what could be the reason for this status and what is the best way to troubleshoot.

The IP Address spaces given by my customer are 10.0.X.X/8, 172.X.X.X/12 or 192.X.X.X/16.

Pallab Chakraborty

Monday, April 10, 2017 4:07 AM

All replies

• It can be because of multiple reason, the best way to find out would be to take traces while there is negotiation of the VPN tunnel.You can use Network Monitor or Network Watcher to identify the issue.
    You need to find out on which phase it is failing either in Phase 1 or Phase 2.

Check if all the parameters are right as in this article : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/vpn-gateway/vpn-gateway-about-vpn-devices

After that you can check if the pre-shared key between the gateway is right or not. 
    A lot can also depend on how is the configuration has been set up. 
    Monday, April 10, 2017 5:53 PM