none
forward and backward pass - network diagram RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone have a .mpt file that allows you to perform forward and backward pass and display the ES, EF, LS, LF, SL in integer values instead the date formats? 
    Sunday, February 1, 2015 5:10 PM

Answers

• Pardon me for bumping in, but I am assuming you want to show the date number for ES, EF etc.

You can with some calculations in Number fields.

For example:

Number1 (Early Start No) = DateDiff("d", [Project Start], [Early Start])

Number2 (Late Start No) - DateDiff("d",[Project Start],[Late Start])

You can continue in the same manner to calculate the number of days between the Project Start and Early Finish and Project start and late finish.

The Total slack field is a numeric value (in days) so no conversion needed.

You can then alter the network diagram view and replace the values as needed with [Number1], [Number2] etc.

Sunday, February 1, 2015 10:30 PM

All replies

• mailliwMS,

First of all, let me caution you about backward passes. In Project, backward passes are a prime source of circular relationships - not something you want to deal with.

With regard to your question, what exactly do you mean by "integer" values for the various dates? Do you simply want the integer equivalent of each of the dates? If so, you can get that with a custom field (e.g. Number1=Clng([Early Start])). If you want something else, please explain.

John

Sunday, February 1, 2015 5:34 PM
  • Pardon me for bumping in, but I am assuming you want to show the date number for ES, EF etc.

You can with some calculations in Number fields.

For example:

Number1 (Early Start No) = DateDiff("d", [Project Start], [Early Start])

Number2 (Late Start No) - DateDiff("d",[Project Start],[Late Start])

You can continue in the same manner to calculate the number of days between the Project Start and Early Finish and Project start and late finish.

The Total slack field is a numeric value (in days) so no conversion needed.

You can then alter the network diagram view and replace the values as needed with [Number1], [Number2] etc.

Sunday, February 1, 2015 10:30 PM