Can I use Mobile Broadband api to get Cellid of Mobile networks,such as 3G card?

Question

• Hi 

I want to get CELLID and LAC in Windows 8, and I can get them through serial port by using AT command. There is 

IMbnDeviceService: etCommand method in Mobile Broadband API. And Can I use it to send an command to get LAC and CELLID just like using AT command.

If ok, how to set the parameters of setcommand().
    If not, is there any other way to get LAC and CELLID in Windows 8 without serial port ?
    Friday, July 27, 2012 2:33 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

I want to get CELLID and LAC in Windows 8, and I can get them through serial port by using AT command. There is

IMbnDeviceService: SetCommand method in Mobile Broadband API. And Can I use it to send an command to get LAC and CELLID just like using AT command.

If not, is there any other way to get LAC and CELLID in Windows 8 without serial port ?

Friday, July 27, 2012 2:29 AM
  • Hi

IMbnDeviceService: SetCommand method in Mobile Broadband API. And Can I use it to send an command to get LAC and CELLID just like using AT command.

If not, is there any other way to
    Friday, July 27, 2012 6:53 AM
  • Marry,

Only mobile broadband operators can call the Mobile Broadband APIs from a Metro style app.

Best Wishes - Eric

Sunday, July 29, 2012 4:58 AM
  • Hi,Eric,

Can I use it to send an command to get LAC and CELLID just like using AT command

Monday, July 30, 2012 12:34 AM
  • Hi,

Eric

Can I use it to send an command to get LAC and CELLID just like using AT command

Monday, July 30, 2012 12:34 AM
  • Hi Eric

Because I want to send AT command to a 3G card for getting the CID and LAC. Can I use Mobile Broadband api to achieve ?

Thanks,

Mark

Monday, July 30, 2012 12:41 AM
  • Are you a Mobile Broadband operator?
    Monday, August 6, 2012 6:13 PM
  • Hi Eric,

I am working for a Portuguese Mobile Broadband operator (TMN). We need to get the Cell ID, LAC/TAC from mobile broadband interface on our connection manager. It is possible to get this information?

We work on Mobile Boradband from Windows 7 and Windows 8 Metro.

Best regards,
    André Barbosa

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 4:50 PM