none
Error in .NET 4.0 Application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We had ASP.NET Web application running on .NET 3.5 and we migrated it to .NET 4.0. From VS2010 it runs smooth. But I released it to our Dev environment, it is Windows 2003 server and IIS 6.0 and .net framework 4.0 is installed. I got this error on running the application "This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded" Assembly manager loaded from: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll Running under executable C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\inetsrv\w3wp.exe --- A detailed error log follows.

I am no where in web.config referencing .NET 2.0

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Monday, June 14, 2010 4:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• check http://forums.iis.net/p/1164093/1944987.aspx

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, June 14, 2010 7:33 PM
  • Hello,

I tried the post mentioned. I am having issue with changing the .NET framework for application in IIS, as I cant see the option ASP.NET in IIS 6. Any other solution?

Thanks

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 8:09 AM
  • go to run>>inetmgr>>select the website and right click>> properties>> find ASP.NET tab>>  select ASP.NET version from dropdown to 4.0.XXXX
    Manish Sati
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 8:17 AM
  • Hi Manish,

I am not able to see that tab. Its no where :( Is there some command line or anywhere else where I can change it? I was seeing some posts and they mentioned that with Server 2003 and IIS 6 sometimes that tab is missing.

Thanks

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 8:41 AM
  • run the exe in from .net 4.0 framework

%WindowsDir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.XXXX\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k6h9cz8h(VS.80).aspx

Manish Sati
    • Marked as answer by Shil72 Tuesday, June 15, 2010 9:05 AM
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 8:49 AM
  • Hi Manish,

Thanks so much for the help. It worked out smooth.

Thanks to all.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 9:05 AM