none
Word Addin Closes Word automatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am stuck to a situation where performing some steps MS Word closes automatically. I am using a CustomTaskPane, In CustomTaskPane(CTP) I am hosting Gecko Web Browser control by Mozilla. On any windows form browser works perfect but when I host Gecko browser control in CTP and set visible true to it, Word closes down automatically.

For the check I set visibility of CTP to true first then I added Gecko control to it, this works perfect but as soon as I try to resize CTP word closes down.

Please suggest what could be the problem as I have seen in Event viewer also, there is nothing in it.

Note: Word does not closes down immediately after setting visibility to CTP, when It comes out of the button click event in which I am showing browser control in CTP it is being closed.

Thanks

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 4:37 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I think the lastest GeckoWebBrowser control is incompatible with UserControl Component.

Since this is a third party control, I suggest you post on the following site to get professional support.

https://bitbucket.org/geckofx/geckofx/issues?status=new&status=open

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 13, 2017 9:02 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I followed the link here and add the web browser into the customtask pane of a word add-in. The controls works fine for me. Please download the sample project from https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkcxDWH1nFmJpST_zwFNTaY_-s_z

What code do you use to show the control in your customtask pane?

I would suggest you host the control in a WinForm application to check if it would close the winform.

Regards,

Celeste 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 8:32 AM
  • Hi,

I have downloaded your code and going to give it a try.

Actually I need library for both 32 and 64 bit applications. As far as I know only 45.0.30.0 of Gecko is available with 64 bit application support.

I have attached my Addin application. Can you please see it if I am doing something wrong.

With this code I am having issue in both 32 Bit and 64 Bit applications.

Download Addin Application with 64 Bit Gecko Libraries

Thanks

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 11:12 AM
  • Hello,

I think the lastest GeckoWebBrowser control is incompatible with UserControl Component.

Since this is a third party control, I suggest you post on the following site to get professional support.

https://bitbucket.org/geckofx/geckofx/issues?status=new&status=open

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, April 13, 2017 9:02 AM
  • Hi Celeste,

Thank for the support.

I came to know the problem resides at the end of GeckoFx Library because it was working in 29.0 version of that library which you shared with me,I tried it running and it worked. Unfortunately I need 64 bit support and shared my concern with them through the link you gave to me.

Regards.

Thursday, April 13, 2017 5:26 PM