asp.net pages are not connecting to my MYSQL database is hosted environment. RRS feed

• Question

• User249648003 posted

Hi,

I have set up my site and everything works fine on my production machine. However after deploying to numerous webhosts I get an error everytime my site attempts to connect to the database. So for I am only using connections to the DB for authentication login etc.

If anyone has had a similar issue please help. Everything works on my machine, the connection string is correct, my asp pages just can't connect to the MYSQL DB.

Here is the error I think it has something to do with the MYSQL connector or permissions but I am not sure:

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: The type initializer for 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPoolManager' threw an exception.

Source Error: 

Line 49:            <providers>
    Line 50:                <clear />
    Line 51:             <add name="MySQLMembershipProvider" type="MySql.Web.Security.MySQLMembershipProvider, MySql.Web, Version=6.6.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d" connectionStringName="iwantyoutoodbConnectionString" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true" applicationName="/" requiresUniqueEmail="false" passwordFormat="Hashed" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="5" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" passwordAttemptWindow="10" passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" />
    Line 52: 		</providers>
    Line 53: 		</membership>
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 12:29 PM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi istakoza

The type initializer for 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPoolManager' threw an exception.

According to the error message above, this issue is related to MySql, it's recommended to get precise troubleshooting in MySql forum.

MySql forum: http://forums.mysql.com/ 

Best regards

Angie Xu

Thursday, March 6, 2014 1:24 AM