language of the lightswitch framework RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem with opening a lightswitch project on a new PC. The project was originally created with LS 2011 and then migrated to LS 2012, both with the german version of visual studio. Now I have a new PC with a fresh installation of VS 2012 including all updates. The new installation is also in german. When I open my lightswitch project on the new PC then everything in Visual Studio which is specific to the lightswitch framework seems to be in english, while everything which is not related to lightswitch is still in german. This is not a problem. But after deploying the application there is some english in my app now. It starts with the login screen: Istead of "Benutzername", "Kennwort" and the "Anmelden"-Button there is now "User Name", "Password" and a "Log In"-Button. Inside the application there are now Buttons that are labeled "Save" and "Refresh" instead of "Speichern" and "Aktualisieren". In the general properties of the project the default language is set to "Deutsch".

What am I doing wrong?

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 11:38 AM

Answers

• If you upgraded to Visual Studio Update 3, then the missing language problem at runtime is a known issue we are investigating. The VS Design Time mismatch is not something we are aware of. Do you have all of the Lang packs installed?

Patrick Baker (Visual Studio LightSwitch Test Lead)

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 1:37 PM