none
List of .NET Framework Versions RRS feed

• Question

• Where can I find a complete list of the version history of the .NET Framework? There used to be an excellent list on Wikipedia, but that has been deleted. (version number/OS/KB patch, version name, release date, etc.).

Thanks,

Jim

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 6:47 PM

Answers

• Hello Jim,

It is my mistake that i do not check the link again, i correct it.

According your provided information, I think this article might help you:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh925567(v=vs.110).aspx

It would show us these installed .NET Framework Updates.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Jim N. Olson Friday, January 23, 2015 9:07 PM
    Thursday, January 22, 2015 1:50 AM

All replies

• Hello,

the german wikipedia has a good .NET Version list. Please look here: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/.NET

For each Version there is a information about it. It is much better than the english article ;)

You can use a normal translator however if you need it or ask me, i'm a german :)

© 2015 Thomas Roskop

Germany // Deutschland

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 6:52 PM
  • Hi Jim,

Is this what you are looking for?

.NET Framework Versions and Dependencies

Best of luck.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:11 PM
  • Neither of these is quite what I am after.  I am looking for something like this, only up-to-date:

http://deletionpedia.org/en/List_of_.NET_Framework_versions

I have a few different versions of the 2.0 Framework installed on various computers and am trying to determine what updates were applied to install these variations.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:54 PM
  • Hello Jim,

From my side, the link seems to be broken, it shows me “Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties” when clicking it. So it is not clear what exact information you are looking for.

>>I have a few different versions of the 2.0 Framework installed on various computers and am trying to determine what updates were applied to install these variations.

If you mean these updates are like windows 7 SP1, you could this link, it shows we can view it both with code and registry entry.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:14 AM
  • Funny, I am unable to get the link you provided to work :)  It says "The resource cannot be found."

The information contained on the page I mentioned above is of the format:

Version Name Version Number Release Date
    2.0 SP1 (Server 2008 and Vista SP1) 2.0.50727.1434
    2.0 SP2 (installed with 3.5 SP1) 2.0.50727.3053 2009-01-16
    2.0 SP2 (KB974417) 2.0.50727.3603 2009-10-13
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:58 PM
  • Hello Jim,

It is my mistake that i do not check the link again, i correct it.

According your provided information, I think this article might help you:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh925567(v=vs.110).aspx

It would show us these installed .NET Framework Updates.

Regards.

• Marked as answer by Jim N. Olson Friday, January 23, 2015 9:07 PM
    Thursday, January 22, 2015 1:50 AM
  • This information in these links seems to be how to determine what version is installed on a computer.  I was looking for a single list of all versions that have been released by Microsoft and what OS/KB updates the version was released with/for, not just what is on my computer. That said, I think I will be able to use the info you have provided to figure out which updates have not been applied between the computers in question.

Thanks,

Jim

Friday, January 23, 2015 9:06 PM