none
Application-To-Application Communication RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I want to write a PCI driver for RTL8168 in such way that it will creat 3 device interface through which 3 applications will communicate and they will also communicate to other 3 applications on another system having same driver with 3 device interfaces respectively.

Here driver will route the I/O requests of app to other system driver.

So i am stuck here that how driver will communicate to another driver?

So how can i implement ?

Thanks

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:20 AM

Answers

• Open a handle to the other driver, using ZwCreateFile or IoGetDeviceObjectPointer, with the name of the device object or device interface that the other driver exposes. If this is a kmdf driver, you can open a remote WDFIOTARGET by name.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:34 AM

All replies

• Open a handle to the other driver, using ZwCreateFile or IoGetDeviceObjectPointer, with the name of the device object or device interface that the other driver exposes. If this is a kmdf driver, you can open a remote WDFIOTARGET by name.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:34 AM
  • A device for communication to a remote system is called "network adapter". Many such devices exist, you can get them with existing drivers. Various protocols for remote access and RPC exist as well. For example, WinRM.

-- pa

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 3:27 PM